Events held throughout the year:
- Nestin’ and Girlsta Up Helly Aa is held early February annually. This is the local Up Helly Aa and has been celebrated since 1961. A Viking Jarl squad and many other ‘less Viking’ squads undertake a burning torch light procession with the Jarl’s Viking galley. The galley is set ablaze by the shoreline and merry-making continues well into the early hours.
- The hall hosts regular fish and chip nights, with a varied menu, but always including freshly cooked, locally caught haddock.
- Sunday Teas, delicious homebakes, sandwiches and savouries along with tea and coffee are held April to September. A perfect way to spend Sunday afternoon.
- Voar Redd Up, this is a Spring clear up of any rubbish and litter from the roadsides and beaches.
- Folk Festival, evening concert including performers from around the globe.
- Accordion and Fiddle festival, evening concert highlighting the best of accordion and fiddle music.
- Quiz nights, open to all ages.
- 500, whist, beetle drives and other card games held throughout the year. All welcome.
- SWRI, meet monthly at the hall, from September to April.
- Youth Clubs, junior and senior youth clubs run throughout the winter months. Held in the hall.